Thursday, March 8, 2012

What I've Been Up To (And What to Expect)

So, I got a very nice little email from someone asking where I've gone to, since my posting has become sporadic over the last couple of weeks. I figured I ought to come explain myself, so, as Firefly rather inadequately ended "Here I Am.".


  • Academic and Professional Pursuits - I'm not sure if I ever said it here or not, but most of you probably know that I'm back in college now, and this is the time of year when I become academically and financially pinched. As such, I'm busy catching up on past-due work and trying to find employment, so there's that. Those two pursuits eat up a surprising amount of my time and it shouldn't surprise anyone that I feel that those two things come before my hobby.
  • Social Activities - Two big things: I no longer spend Saturday Afternoon with nothing better to do than re-read the last week's worth of news stories and start marking them up for commentary, and: This is the big March Break week, which is the perfect (and often only) opportunity this semester to take a little road trip and spend some time with my beloved Katherine Simply (of considerable artistic skill). When I'm out of town I'm usually kept busy enough that I barely have time to read the blogroll, let alone add a post or two of my own, so there's that.
  • Bipolar Disorder Is What It Is - Sometimes, I just don't feel like talking about even the things I like talking about.
Moreover, I've been trying to get back on track with the "Introduction to Rationality Series", and organizing that has been taking quite a bit of time out of my other pursuits, largely because I'm hoping to do it as more than just a handful of my long-winded essays. I paid good money and spent quite a bit of time building the presentation suite I have at my disposal and I think it's high time I use it. Look for the first instalment toward the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment