Sunday, January 20, 2013

Time to Digest

I can't not look creepy in a photo.
So, something I never used to do was stay seated after I ate. Whether it was at home or eating out, I usually ate the slowest in the group, or had something more important to go off and do (or so I usually considered it). It wasn't really until I met my better half that I developed the habit of sitting down to digest a meal.

Or to digest just about anything else, for that matter. I suppose the old trope about women trying to change their men probably has a grounding in reality - they're certainly a pretty good reason to grow up.

Now, I point this all out to set me up for the statement that I haven't really been digesting lately, neither in the literal sense nor as the usual metaphor for a little introspection and reflection. I've just been too busy with work to do much anything beside be busy with work. I suppose there's a lesson in there somewhere. People rail on and on about work-life balance as if it's some kind of contest to cram as much as possible of both work and play into your life, and while there's certainly something to that idea, you have to be able to sit and listen to yourself once in a while to really call it balance.

All this, of course, is to set me up for saying that I hope to be back to something resembling activity here throughout the weeks to come as I start to get back to that balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment