|My new lunch-box|
Well, technically, I think it arrived yesterday, but either way, it's here now, and after an arduous walk up and down hill in today's "feels like 36" weather, I finally have my lovely, faux-laquered bento box.
To celebrate, I've packed a lunch for today consisting of the following:
- Zushi Rice, consisting of medium-grained calrose rice that was simmered in straight water before being seasoned with rice wine vinegar and just a tiny amount of sugar (to take the edge off the vinegar);
- Red Bell Pepper Rings, taken from "ancient"-strain peppers that have more of a pepper shape than a bell shape;
- Green Beans, simmered in water that was seasoned with Tamari (a traditional, light soy sauce) and crushed ginger;
- Teriyaki-Glazed Tilapia, also with ginger, and;
- Topped off with a cheddar-cheese CalorieMate and a Gouda Babybel.
|When you put that all together, it looks something like this.|