Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Gentleman has a Freezer - Return of Food Posts

I seem to have a thing for larger appliances - first there was the 55 gallon fish tank, and now there is the deep freeze.

Okay, granted, the deep freeze is not mine. But it's there, and it's big, and there's more than enough room for the four of us to share equitably.

As you know, I like to make as much as I can get away with from scratch - lord knows given time, space, and energy, I'd probably even cultivate at least a few of the vegetables. This is time consuming though, and I'll be the first to admit that I, like many people, am the first to shrug off eating entirely some days, if eating is much more complicated than "set it and forget it."

The solution to this for most people is to load up on pizza pockets and kraft dinner. For me, though, I like a little more control, and so I have endeavored to freezer cook for a time.

It'll be a few days before I can start in earnest, but I hope to share a few recipes with you, once I get them nailed down. For comparison's sake, I'll work out the actual per-serving costs too, and compare them to the local prices for commercial equivalents, should they exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment